Monday, July 20, 2009

Popcorn Worthy?

Before there was a "T.O.", there was Terrell Owens...and I was a fan. Of course this is going back to his days as a 49er. He was an underdog from a small Division 2 school and a 3rd round draft pick- the unproven heir apparent to Jerry Rice. As a 49er fan it was like history repeated. Fast forward thirteen years later and almost as many controversial moments, and "T.O." is not as easily revered by most. Exit Dallas- enter Buffalo. I'm thinking, what can go wrong in a place like Buffalo? I guess only time will tell...


T.O. proved himself to be a real corn ball in Big D


I'm kicking back watching T.O.'s (aka Mr. "getcha popcorn ready") reality show tonight, and it's about what I expected- T.O. clowning around and a few gratuitous bare chested shots for the ladies. There are some things that are unclear to me while watching this. When they say Mo and Kita are his "publicists", what exactly do they really do? Publicly speaking, T.O.'s image is widely recognized as "boo boo" (allow me to interject- I'm glad he just got down to business and got this Asian girl to the hot tub though...she's a "nice" girl) and I can see that these two opportunists haven't exactly done much to doctor that up- besides crack the whip on his relationships. At some point you'd have to think he would have hired a real publicist with a proven track record and more than one client, right? Some time as far back as the fiasco with the trade from San Fran to the Ravens/Eagles. So in that regard, it's hard for me to take this serious off top. I will say that I'm loving this ex-fiance of his though. Nice catch, T.O.!



Let's hope for our man T.O. that the "Ray J" formula (patch up bad press with shoddy but entertaining reality TV show) repairs some of the public perception of him- although most of his antics were on the playing field. As I'm watching this, all I can think about is "that's my teammate...that's my quarterback..." lol! This should be interesting...




-LT

No comments:

Post a Comment