Wednesday, July 22, 2009

LeBron James: "The King"? Or Phil Knight's Pawn?






I just took a gander at the footage of "The King" getting served up at his basketball camp. Yes, the same footage that mysteriously vanished into thin air after Nike pulled the "yoink...and swipe!" (to quote Bart Simpson). When I first heard of this, I thought to blog on it- but then I said "who cares?". Now that I have actually seen the video- although the kid did catch a vicious two handed bang on LBJ- I still could care less!


If you don't know, an Xavier University hooper, Jordan Crawford posterized LeBron James in what has since become known as Dunkgate. After LeBron was dunked on, he went to a Nike exec (that was present at the camp) and in turn all footage of the dunk was confiscated by all witnesses with cameras. I wonder if he took their licenses too. It wasn't until TMZ leaked the video footage that it was seen by anyone outside of those present at the camp.


I have seen several interviews with the Jordan Crawford kid, and in all of them he has downplayed the dunk. My personal thoughts are that if anybody plays in that many games- that often- you are bound to be on the receiving end at times. Courtney Lee (Orlando Magic) flushed one on LeBron this past season, and I personally witnessed Nick Young (Washington Wizards) put one down on your highness. Aftershocks were felt in Oregon in Phil Knight's office.






No comments:

Post a Comment